Yosemite West is conveniently located midway between Yosemite
Valley and the Wawona/Giant Sequoias Mariposa Grove area.
to Yosemite National Park; after entering the park through one of the 4 entrances, proceed to
* From San Francisco and Sacramento, driving time is approx.
4 hours via Hwy. 120.
* From San Jose, driving time is approx. 4 hours via Hwy.
* From Los Angeles, driving time is approx. 5 1/2 hours via
* From Reno - During summer only, driving time is approx. 4 hours using Hwy. 395 and Hwy. 120.
* From Fresno Yosemite International Airport, driving time is approx. 2 hours via
Distances from the Yosemite Sunset House to:
visitor center, restaurants, fast food, Yosemite museum, art gallery, bookstore, theater, grocery store, art center
spectacular vistas ... a must see! ... view 3,214 feet down to Yosemite Valley.
golf, restaurant, Pioneer history center, convenience store and gas station
Mariposa Grove of Giant Redwoods
500 BIG trees (parking ... and head of hiking trail)
restaurant, pizza deck, bicycle rentals, ice rink, and more
Badger Pass Ski Area
skiing, cross-country skiing, ski lessons
Tuolumne Meadows and Tioga Road
high country ... scenic drive up to 10,000 ft elevation
Hetch Hetchy Reservoir
great scenery and starting point for wilderness trails
NON-SMOKING and NO PETS: The Yosemite Sunset House property is smoke-free
(inside and outside) and no pets allowed. We reserve the right to inspect premises during your
stay and you will be charged for non-compliance and ordered to
leave immediately. We may enter the property without your consent to make repairs, check on results of repairs, and whenever there is considerable reason to suspect the property needs a safety inspection.
STAIRS: Due to the fact that there are 53 steps to reach the upper
level (the house is not suitable for those with walking difficulties)
the pay-off is a beautiful, unobstructed view towards the western horizon, over the forest top!
We request that guests honor the tranquil forest setting by
keeping the noise level to a minimum
(playing loud music, loud TV, yelling or otherwise loudly congregating
outdoors). The neighbors in Yosemite West thank you for your
This home is not child-proofed.
Families w/ children under 6 years old must bring their own waterproof
mattress overlays or pads.
No "party animals", this is not
a "party house"; you will be asked to
leave and will forfeit all monies paid in case of non-compliance.
CHECK-IN TIME (winter): after 4 pm ... up to 9pm CHECK-IN TIME (summer): after 5 pm ... up to 9pm
CHECK-OUT TIME: by 11 am SHARP!
NIGHT OWLS, beware!!! - Quiet Hours house rules (10pm to 7am) strongly enforced.
NO FIRES ... no candles, incense burning, or any other type of fire is allowed in the
house, on the decks or anywhere on the property.
Security deposit is refundable except for damages,
missing items, phone charges, and extra cleaning service (if
needed). Balance of the refundable deposit will be returned to
renter within 15 days. For parties up to 4 guests, we will use
your credit card on file in lieu of a security deposit.
Phone: one land line (extention in both units) for local calls only; most cell
phones do not work in Yosemite, bring your calling card to use
with our land line. There is a public phone at the entrance to
the Yosemite West development by the mail boxes.
Your faxed reservation forms: Your faxed or pdf forms must be returned to us within 24 hrs from your receipt of these forms to HOLD your dates.
Payments: Your payment in full must be
mailed within 2 working days from the date we received your completed forms to secure your dates.
Payment method: Payment to be made by personal check when plenty of time is available
for mailing and processing it and credit cards or PayPal
for last minute bookings.
Reservations with arrival dates within 3 months: Full payment is required at reservation time to secure your dates.
Advance reservation payments: arrival dates beyond 3 months and total rental costs over $800, renters have the choice of paying 50% at reservation time, and balance, by 60 days prior to arrival day.
International transactions incur a 5% transaction fee and can
be made via credit card.
subject to fees and/or forfeitures, only hard copy written cancellation
notices faxed or sent through the postal system are accepted;
emailed requests are not sufficient.
Rates may be higher for holidays and special events.
Rates are based on specific unit, season, and number of people.
the maximum number of 8 guests in total, in both units together, is not allowed. In the Sunset House unit a maximum of 5 guests is allowed.In the Red Door apartment a maximum of 2 adults and one young child is allowed. You must declare all guests in your party, you
will be charged for undeclared guests $100/night and be subject to eviction.
* If canceled before 60 days of arrival - the cancellation fee will be $150 admin. plus any bank, credit card or PayPal fees incurred.
* If canceled within 60 days or less of arrival - refund will be given only if re-rented for the same period and same rate, less 25% cancellation fee, with a minimum of $100 plus tax.
* No refunds for cancellation with less than 15 days notice.
* If re-renting is only partial, your refund will be prorated
in the same proportion less cancellation fee as described above.
* ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS DUE TO WEATHER.
* NO REFUND for reduction in number of guests or number of nights after reservation has been accepted by owners.
* There is no refund for events beyond our control: weather
and road conditions, flight cancellations or delays,
personal emergencies, change in vacation plans, etc.
* Prorated refunds will be given for: county road closures longer than 12 hours; electric power or water shut down or plumbing not working for longer than 12 hrs.
* No refunds after check-in for any reason (except for situation described on line above).
* Changing dates: once a reservation has been accepted, if guests wish to change their already booked dates, and there are available dates, they may do so only at the discretion of the property owner/manager and without a reduction of nights or number of guests; the re-scheduling fee is $50 and $100 for holiday periods.
* Refund checks will be mailed within 10 working days, and only to the address on file.
* Refunds of any payments made via a credit card or PayPal will incur a 5% financial transaction fee.
* Purchasing TRAVEL INSURANCE is strongly recommended to all renters to minimize financial loss due to unforeseeable events.
* Failed Reservation/unit unavailable: in the extremely rare and unexpected event that the unit reserved becomes unavailable for rental, owners are obligated to return only moneys renters already paid; renters agree to hold owners harmless from and against any claims, liability, losses, and expenses in connection with a failed reservation.
Leave the unit(s) in the same clean condition
as you found it/them!
Extra Cleaning fees:please leave the unit as clean as you found it - staff will inspect premises after your departure, a clean unit
means no extraordinary cleaning fees later; this extra fee, if any, will be determined by housekeeping
Please leave all
furniture in its original position. You are required to broom
clean the unit, wash all dishes used. BBQ grills must be cleaned immediately after each use
- a charge of $40 will be made to your credit card for each grill
left uncleaned (if you don't clean it, we must request previously unscheduled extra time for the cleaning crew
to accomplish this task!).
Firewood is included in rates during winter stays but remember:
wood stove not to be used by renters during dry weather, drought years, and summer
- no exceptions!
Washer & dryer are for housekeeping use only and are
available for renters only when staying over 4 nights; a $45
fee will be charged to you in case of non-compliance
Renters to sign the "Waivers" document required
by owners and provide a signed credit card authorization.
Minimum age: We require the renter
to be at least 25 years old - proof will be requested.
Owners are not responsible for adverse conditions: snow,
road, weather, and/or utilities or for the unavailability of
the house for renters' use due to natural causes or circumstances
beyond owners' control, including the unavailability or untimely
By making a reservation you agree to all the house rules explained above. If you have any questions, contact us before making a reservations. Thank you!
A word about renting this vacation house directly from the owner:
Owners are not present at the property.
Both units in this duplex property are rented to vacationers.
There is no hotel style services such as front desk, night clerk, concierge, daily maid service, etc.
Renters may have to rely on themselves for everyday chores and those chores typical to snow country living.
Emergency service providers and repair men come from distant locations - 1.5 to 2 hours away - patience is in order at this remote location.
Please ask any questions about renting this property before booking your reservation.
We welcome your questions as well as your feedback ... please let us know how we may improve travelers' experience at this property.